The best compliment to a parent is the one received from their kids.. So today I have posted three paintings done by Color Filling and outlining technique, for kids... It is simple,bright,colorful and will look good on any kids fabric..
These paintings are done by transferring traced patterns.. For illustrations of transferring a pattern, Please refer to my Fabric painting-Red Rose post
These patterns were found in my kids coloring book.. Believe it or not..the drawings available in kids coloring books work wonders if they are taken up as an artwork base..
A clean and ironed Poplin Fabric:
Poplin is a fabric woven with criss cross ribs of any fiber such as cotton,wool,silk,etc., which gives it a strong texture and it prevents any paint from oozing down through it. White poplin works well with most acrylic or fabric colors but any color fabric is fine. Buy Poplin cloth here
Many different colors of fabric/Acrylic paints.
- A Flat Brush No:2 or 3(For color filling)
- A lettering Brush No:000 or 00(For outlining)
Short and Stiff bristles are preferable..
Painting Frame:A painting frame helps to tighten the fabric and holds it in the stretched form.
- An old cloth for cleaning brushes in between changing colors
- An old piece of card or paper to place under the fabric
- Clean water
- A mixing tray(Optional in case we want to mix certain colours)