Today my post is a fabric painting of a peacock in our flag color's background.. the colors are filled and outlined with marker pen.. Mirror stickers are added as decor..
A clean and ironed Poplin Fabric:
Poplin is a fabric woven with criss cross ribs of any fiber such as cotton,wool,silk,etc., which gives it a strong texture and it prevents any paint from oozing down through it. White poplin works well with most acrylic or fabric colors but any color fabric is fine. Buy Poplin cloth here
Many different colors of fabric/Acrylic paints.
- A Flat Brush No:2 or 3(For color filling)
- A lettering Brush No:000 or 00(For outlining)
Short and Stiff bristles are preferable..
Painting Frame:A painting frame helps to tighten the fabric and holds it in the stretched form.
Black and Blue colored Marker pens
- An old cloth for cleaning brushes in between changing colors
- An old piece of card or paper to place under the fabric
- Clean water
- A pencil or Microtip pen for drawing the pattern
- A mixing tray(Optional in case we want to mix certain colours)
The pattern is hand drawn on the fabric with a microtip pen or pencil..
The tricolor is filled in the background..
Now, the outline is done with a marker pen ( Black for background and blue for peacock).. And some mirror stickers are pasted.. The finished look is...
The peacock.. a closer look..
Please leave your valuable comments below..
Hope you enjoyed this post.. See you soon.. Have a nice day...